Protection From The Inside Out.
Mold can grow in any home, at any time, anywhere. Since mold is always a threat, prevention should be an integral part of your home building strategy. As they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. You can protect your family and assets from this costly enemy. If mold has already occurred, The Ultra System is a powerful defense against future growth. Here's how it works...
Poor construction practices, leaky pipes or flood damage can be one of the many reasons for a moldy home.
The Ultra System is an easy two-step program that effectively eliminates mold and keeps it from coming back. Step one, UltraMean2 cleans and removes deeply embedded mold. The second step, UltraBan, creates an invisible film barrier that prevents mold from thriving on the materials in your home. UltraBan is perfect for homeowners, professionals or anyone wanting to proactively protect their new home pre-construction. If you are currently experiencing a mold issue, certain steps must be taken to stop the mold first before you can begin treatment. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) provides a few recommendations in a helpful guide that can get you started on the right track.* We have also included additional information you may find useful to help get rid of mold.
The following steps should be taken if you are experiencing mold in your home:
- The first and most important step in mold remediation is to control moisture. If you do not stop the water source, the mold will almost always come back. Locate and fix all water leaks. It is also important to let water damaged areas dry out completely before you begin remediation.
- NEVER USE CHLORINE BLEACH TO CLEAN THE MOLD!
- Always be mindful that cleaning mold may spread spores into the air. Always wear PPE such as protective eyewear, dust mask and gloves.
- Remove any visible presence and internal mold growth.
- Clean and disinfect the area with a non-toxic, non-chlorine based detergent, such as UltraMean2, a sodium percarbonate based cleaner.
- Allow the area to dry completely.
- After surface has been cleaned and dried, treat all surfaces with UltraBan, a moisture barrier coating to prevent future mold growth.
DID YOU KNOW? It's been over 10 years now since UltraBan was used to protect a flooded central Florida home from mold growth. When the nearby river flooded, the crawlspace was submerged in 3 ft. of water! After the water was drained, the homeowners were amazed that although everything was soaked, there was still no mold growth!
What makes UltraBan special? UltraBan was designed to grab on to the material, form a shield of protection within the material and hang on tight. With UltraBan, you are always guaranteed long-term protection.
Visit our Before & After for more on this story!